Y’all. We are talking PIZZA today. Pizza is one of my absolute favorite things to make…eat…order when we are being lazy (which is more often than not). If you asked me what my favorite pizza is, it would honestly be hard to choose but if I HAD to, I would definitely say ham, pineapple, and feta (because you can literally throw feta on anything and the angels in Heaven will start singing…).
So today I am going to tell you about my favorite pizza to make at home…Chicken Pesto Pizza. Guys. This pizza is SO good. And SO easy…basically my favorite combination for anything…good and easy.
- 1 pizza crust of your choice (I buy mine at Aldi, but if you are related to Giada then by all means, whip up your own)
- 1 boneless/skinless chicken breast
- 2-3 roma tomatoes (or regular tomatoes…either works great!)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Feta Cheese
- Start out by cutting up the chicken breast to your desired size. Add some olive oil to a pan, and throw in the chicken. I usually add Oregano, Italian Seasoning, and Salt and Pepper…but you can really add whatever spices you want!
- While the chicken is cooking, spread the pesto onto the pizza crust…again, be as generous as you want.
- Add the Mozzarella Cheese…you can use fresh or shredded. I have used both and it was yummy both ways!
- Slice the Roma Tomatoes and spread on the pizza (I cut up a regular tomato on this one).
- Top off the pizza with the cooked chicken and (you guessed it) FETA (I can hear the angels now…).
Hello goodness?!?! I bake my pizza based on whatever the pizza crust instructions suggests…and I usually go just a tish (is that a word?) longer…I like my pizza a little crispy.
And voila! Here you go! Is your mouth watering yet?! Mine has been since we started talking about Feta back there…
This pizza is best paired with a Diet Coke, followed by a scoop of Cookie Dough Ice Cream…just sayin’
Until next time!