The month of November is one of my favorite months for many reasons, but the MAIN one is because it’s my birthday month…and I LOVE any reason to celebrate…ME! This year I am turning the big 3-0 (still slightly depressed I am no longer going to be in my 20s, but I choose to believe that my 30s will be a thriving decade), so I started putting together a list of 30 things I have learned so far in my lifetime…and I thought it would be fun to share it with you guys!
Ok here we go…I tried to do these in order, but that doesn’t always work out…
- Be grateful. For everything you have. Life is short and there is ALWAYS going to be something else you want. But we don’t need it. And that is okay.
- Forgive quickly. I feel as though I have failed at this too many times. Pride gets in the way and our focus is on us. But forgiveness is so important in every relationship. Forgive quickly, as we were given the ultimate forgiveness through Christ.
- It is ok to wear your hair in a top knot every day. This has become ever true since becoming a mom. Gosh, I just feel so pretty when I actually do my hair these days.
- A gallon of paint is the best money spent on decorating. You know I am a fan of inexpensive decorating tips, and a gallon of paint is one of them…it makes such a difference with very little cost and effort (I actually love painting…like love it…I could do it for a living).
- Worry less. This has become even harder for me since becoming a mom, because it is so easy to worry about every little thing. I am the type of person who doesn’t worry about big things that I probably should be worrying about, but I worry about the little things…and it’s just not necessary. I am learning to trust Him daily…which brings me to my next one…
- Pray daily. Like every. single. day. Prayer works. It really does. Even if it doesn’t work out how we wanted, it works. And it always will.
- You can never have too many throw pillows. Seriously. Put as many as you want on your couch, bed…you name it! I have a real problem with buying throw pillows…
- Give back as much as you can. My husband is so good at this. He has such a heart for giving, no matter who it is. And I love this about him. He rocks at managing money, and because of that we have the freedom to give back. And it really is a good feeling.
- Drink coffee every day. Y’all. Really. You know I love my coffee. But there are so many good benefits to it…start your day with a good cup…or two.
- Give yourself a break. We can be so hard on ourselves…and I am the world’s worst at this. But I am learning that I can’t do everything or be everything. And that is okay! We are created in the image of the Most High King and that is more than enough.
- Don’t speak when you are really angry. Oh I have failed at this too many times…and instantly regret it. This is hard. But so important. Words have so much power behind them. So use them for GOOD.
- Stare at that baby monitor. I can’t stop doing this. I put things off just so I can watch Andie, and I don’t regret it for a second.
- Find friends in the same stage of life as you. Friends come and go, and that is okay. But it’s important to have people in your life who are going through the same things you are, whether it be marriage, kids, church…whatever it is, find those people.
- Don’t compare yourself to others. This is so so hard sometimes, whether it is through friends, social media, pinterest (I can’t help but ooh and ahh over the gorgeous kitchens)…but like I said earlier, we are created in Christ’s image and THAT IS ENOUGH. I am learning to love myself daily.
- Eat the chocolate. Just do it. It tastes way better than being super skinny feels ;-). But at the same time…
- Take care of your body. You only get one! I am not saying you have to do aggressive workouts every day, but get outside and walk, eat your veggies…you know, the stuff your parents used to tell you to do! They really did know what they were talking about…
- Have fun with your spouse. Life is SO much better when you are having fun with your spouse. Jordan makes me laugh more than any other person, and that is another thing I love about him. Laughter is the best medicine. Jordan sends me funny memes daily…literally every day. I wish I could post them on here…
- Binge watching shows is the best. Netflix is one of the best things every invented…can I get an amen?? I am thinking about doing a blog on my favorite Netflix picks…good idea??
- Celebrate your birthday for a whole week. And I am 100% serious about doing this…if I had it my way, I’d have a birthday month, but we can’t be too greedy.
- Give compliments freely. I know I said this earlier, but there is power in words. Use them for good. People love getting compliments. Use your words to build people up.
- Read more. I love reading. And I have been trying to do it more often. I would love to join a book club.
- Gold will never go out of style. Like ever. So use it freely all over your house, in your jewelry…wherever!
- I love being a mom. Like really really love it. Growing up, I always knew I wanted to be a mom, but I truly love it. I know I fail at it daily and I will continue to fail, but I really think I am good at it. And it truly is very rewarding.
- Christ really is faithful. I have seen this so many times throughout my life, but He really is.
- Target is the best place on earth. It is, it really really is. I have contemplated getting a job there (pre-baby) but then I realized I would never have time to actually shop.
- Starbucks holiday cups really are the best things. THIS. Why is it that something so little brings me so much joy? I already have a bad Starbucks addiction, but during the holidays it is even worse…and that is mostly due to the cups.
- Take lots of pictures. I have been told that I can be annoying when it comes to snapping a photo everywhere we go, but I like to document things…not matter what it is. And yes, it has gotten so much worse since July 2….
- Spray paint changes everything. I know I said a gallon of paint is the BEST, but spray paint is a close second. I spray paint everything. Like everything. And it’s a very inexpensive way to make a quick update.
- Love Jesus more than anything else in your life. He truly, truly changes lives. Love him more than you love your spouse, kids, family…He is everything.
- I am ready for my 30s! I know I say I am sad about leaving my 20s, but I am looking forward to what my 30s will bring. And I am blessed to do life with my husband, baby, family, and all of the other people in my life, and I pray that I only grow more and more during this next decade.
And that’s it! I feel like I could have added so much more, because 30 years is a long time and I have learned so much, but 30 for 30 just sounds so much better than 40 for 30, 50 for 30, etc…
Until next time!