Ok, I know this post is probably going to take you by surprise since I have made it pretty clear how much I don’t like to use my kitchen for the actual purpose of cooking, BUT I do have a few good recipes up my sleeve that I will be sharing…I promise I am not a complete lost cause…
First up is a yummy guacamole recipe! Again, we love Mexican food. And what is Mexican food without a good bowl of guac?? This recipe is super easy. I have made it at most every family beach trip, holiday…you name it. MAYBE my family is getting tired of it and would like me to contribute something else, but I can’t be good at everything, so why fix something that isn’t broken?
Ok here we go! Before I start, you should know that I prefer my guacamole chunky (guac is one of the few things I prefer chunky in my life, along with my cookie dough ice cream and my baby’s thighs…) so that is how this is going to turn out…
- 3-4 Avocados
- 1/2 Red Onion
- 1/2 Tomato
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- 1-2 Limes
- Salt (to taste)
- Start by cutting open the avocados and spooning each half into a bowl.
- Take that same spoon and basically smash (technical term) them together (this is a good arm workout). I leave the core in because it keeps the guacamole from turning brown.
- Dice the onion, chop the tomato, cut up the cilantro and add to the bowl.
- Add salt to taste.
- Squeeze the lime on top and mix (sometimes I do one, sometimes I do two…just depends on how I am feeling about my limes that day).
- Serve with tortilla chips!
A few notes…
- If you are crunched for time, you can always grab a container of some fresh Pico de Gallo and throw that in with the avocados and limes…remember my post on my Aldi favorites? Yep. That pico would come in pretty handy right about now…
- Fresh cilantro is SO much better than the kind in the jar, so I highly recommend buying fresh, but if you can’t you can substitute.
- The key to this dish is good and ripe avocados, so keep that in mind when you are buying them…if they are too hard, it is really hard to mix them.
- I REALLY hate cutting onions, so I have thrown the onion into my Magic Bullet and diced it that way as well.
And that is it! This recipe is super simple and can be modified based on your favorite ingredients. Anytime you want to make a little more, just add another avocado or two.
Maybe this will be a good dish for you to try at a holiday party this year?!
Until next time!